Applying and enrolling

Applying to the programmes and degrees

To find out all about higher education in France: 
Consult the  website of the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research

Applying in the 1st year of a Bachelor's degree at the University

A Preliminary Admission Application known as the Demande d'Admission Préalable (D.A.P) is compulsory for foreigners holding a foreign diploma at the end of secondary education.
As part of the preliminary admission application procedure, a language exam with a French Knowledge Test (Test de Connaissance du Français - (T.C.F) is organised at Jean Monnet University, usually in February.
The organisation of this exam is the responsibility of the International Centre for Pedagogical Studies. Registration fees apply for this exam.

You are a foreigner residing in France

You can also pick up an application from your 1st choice of university.

You are a foreigner living in your home country

To make your arrangements, contact the Cooperation and Cultural Action Department of the French Embassy in the country of which you are a national (dossiers blancs) and/or a resident.

Please note! Centres for Studies in France (Centres pour les Etudes en France - C.E.F.), directly attached to the Cooperation and Cultural Action Department, have been set up in various countries. In most of these countries, you will complete your application electronically via the Études en France website.
This procedure usually runs from November to the end of January in the year preceding the start of the academic year in September.

To find more information, learn which countries are concerned by the C.E.F procedure, and apply:
Log on to

Your application must be submitted to Jean Monnet University: Maison de l'Université - Bureau 301
or by registered post to :

Université Jean Monnet Saint-Etienne
Maison de l'Université
Direction de la Formation et de l'Insertion Professionnelle
Bureau 301
10, rue Tréfilerie
42023 Saint-Etienne cedex 2

Registering in the 2nd or 3rd year of a Bachelor's degree or in the 1st or 2nd year of a Master's degree

You are exempt from the Demande d'Admission Préalable (DAP). 
To apply, register :
- on the Etudes En France platform for countries with the CEF procedure,
- or directly on the e-candidates' platform for countries outside of the CEFprocedure.